SERVICES: Navigation Channel Design
GBA has been actively involved in designing ship channels, turning basins, and berthing areas throughout the United States. Some of our clients include the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the U.S. Navy, and various port authorities, states and municipalities.
These projects typically involve multiple agencies and are subject to state, federal, and local regulations. GBA can coordinate with all parties involved to develop cost-sharing, and construction and maintenance plans that are budget-friendly and environmentally sound.
GBA will work with the client to produce Dredged Material Management Plans (DMMP) required for most state and federal permitting. These plans provide construction specifications for dredged material placement areas with respect to initial construction and regular dredge maintenance cycles of the channel, turning basin, or berthing area.
- Project Planning & Design
- Site & Subsurface Investigations, and Soil Analyses
- Hydrographic Surveys for Volume Computations & Design
- Disposal Alternatives Analyses & Design
- Dredged Material Management Plan (DMMP) Development
- Dredging & Placement Permit Application Preparation
- Interagency Environmental Coordination
- Contract Plans & Specifications Preparation
- Dredging & Disposal Cost Estimation and Cost Certifications
- Before & After Dredging Surveys for Project Control and Payment Purposes
- Construction Supervision & Inspection