GBA is seeking a Vessel Operator, to safely operate, transport, and maintain survey vessels, to join our team in Baltimore, MD. The candidate would be required to operate vessels up to 40 feet in length with both single & twin-engine configurations. Experience with trailering and vessel maintenance is preferred. This is an on-site position and relocation to the Baltimore metro area is a requirement. The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the US.
- Understand and follow safety guidelines and procedures.
- Safely operate the survey vessel to support hydrographic survey requirements.
- Trailer survey vessels to job sites utilizing a ¾ ton tow vehicle.
- Safely launch and recover vessels from trailers in a wide variety of conditions.
- Maintain one or more vessels to ensure a state of constant readiness.
- Maintain one or more tow vehicles to ensure a state of constant readiness.
- Ensure accordance with company standards, industry standards and local regulations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Must possess the ability to operate a vessel safely and effectively in a wide range of weather conditions & locations to include inland waterways, coastal bays and near shore ocean voyages.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).
- Possession of a USCG Merchant Mariner Credential, OUPV or Master.
- Experience with 12v & 120v electric systems
- Experience with outboard engine maintenance and service.
- Experience with basic vehicle maintenance and service.
- Experience with inland and nearshore hydrographic surveying operations.
- Experience with PC based navigation systems.
- Experience in maintaining vessel logs/documentation/registrations.
Frequent travel to inland and nearshore areas is required for this position. Travel typically occurs during the work week (Monday – Friday); however, weekend work (Saturdays & Sundays) may be required on occasion. A typical work week will consist of several one (1) day survey events (i.e., out, and back in the same day). Some surveys will require overnight stay when multiple days are required to complete. Rotation or shift work is not typical.
Salary shall be commensurate with skills, knowledge and demonstrated experience, augmented by professional licensure and/or certification.
GBA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.